Household Hazardous Waste
Do not discard or recycle common household hazardous materials in your cart or recycle bin.
Safe Disposal of Hazardous Materials
The City of Watauga partners with the City of Fort Worth's Environmental Collection Center to provide residents with a safe means of disposing hazardous materials. In order for a Watauga resident to use the Environmental Collection Center, they must:
- Show proof of residency at Watauga City Hall or at the Environmental Collection Center.
- Pickup a voucher for the center at City Hall for each participating household.
- Only one voucher will be given per household per fiscal year. Vouchers are dispensed on a first-come, first-serve basis, with a limited amount available.
- Residents much present the voucher to the Environmental Collection Center during posted hours of operation.
Thursday: 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
The Environmental Collection Center is located at 6400 Bridge Street. Call 817.392.1234 for more information.
What is Accepted
What is Not Accepted
Additional Instructions for Disposing Waste
- If a product is still useable, give it to someone who can use it instead of bringing it for disposal.
- Bring liquid sorted by type (i.e., oil-based and lead-based).
- Keep chemicals in their original container. Place broken or leaking materials in a second container or like material such as glass for corrosives, metal for flammables, etc.
- If a container has no label and its contents are known, please place a label on the container clearly stating its contents.
- Do not transport chemicals in the passenger compartment of your vehicle. Put them in the trunk or bed of truck.